5 Supplier Requirements to Optimize MPS Efficiencies
Managed Print Services, MPS, is an attractive way for organizations to gain visibility and control of their printing infrastructure and reduce costs. The question is, what do you need to look for in managed print companies? Companies have achieved as much as a 30% reduction in costs by using print management. The key to realizing the optimum efficiencies of a Managed Print Services program is selecting an effective MPS supply partner that does more than simply oversee your printing hardware.
5 Key Elements to Look for in a Managed Print Partner
1. Deep Knowledge & Proven Expertise
- Long-term, proven track record in implementing MPS programs.
- Team of highly skilled experts that work as a team to design, implement, manage, and continually improve your MPS program.
- Experience implementing and supporting MPS programs across large geographies, or that match the footprint of your business.
2. Expert Team of Consultants
- Experts should analyze your business upfront to plan an infrastructure with the right equipment and technology in the right places to match the needs of the organization.
- On-going monitoring and support for continual optimization of the MPS program.
- Team of experts should include areas such as multi-brand equipment specialists, training teams, certified service technicians, support desk specialists, supply specialists, document solutions experts, and fleet analysts.
- Expertly trained technicians that are manufacturer certified, with fast response times, access to spare parts, and equipped with the necessary resources to fix the problem on the first call.
3. Transparent Program & Agreement
- Ensure the agreement is clear with no hidden costs to your company.
- Service should include parts required for repairs. Some vendors will give you free service, if you buy the toner from them, but you still have to pay for parts required to perform the maintenance.
- All equipment should be included in the agreement, as some vendors require you to purchase all new equipment, from them, before they will cover the service/supplies.
4. Portfolio of Quality Products & Services
- Access to a variety of equipment from quality, reputable brands to best fit your needs.
- Training to ensure ample fleet of expertly trained field technicians to service your business.
- Supplies that are best suited for quality output and maximum efficiency of the equipment. At a minimum, OEM toner or compatible toners that are reliable, certified compatible and 100% post-tested for your equipment should be provided.
- Certified compatible equipment that has been benchmarked against OEM cartridge for print image quality, solid image density, resolution, toner, background haze, offsetting, ghosting and page yield is the minimum standard.
5. Flexibility for Continual Improvement
- Businesses, and their environments, change and you want a MPS partner that has scalability to change with the needs of your business.
- Continued efficiency in your program requires an MPS partner that can, and will, amend your agreements, as needed, without penalty, to adjust to your changing business needs.
Choose RJ Young for your Managed Print Services
RJ Young has deep knowledge and proven expertise which makes it a preferred Managed Print Services partner for trusted brands and organizations. There is no doubt there are many managed print companies, but a partner like RJ Young is committed to efficiently managing your print infrastructure while you manage your core business.
Start a conversation today with a Managed Print Service Specialist to see if Managed Print Services are right for you.