Nashville, Tennessee (PRWEB) October 16, 2014
Nearly 50 professionals from across the mid-state attended “The Power of 3D Printing”, an interactive 3D printing exhibition and guest lecture at the Omni Hotel, sponsored by the RJ Young Company. The event showcased 3D Systems printing technology and informed a wide-range of professionals, from architects to advertising agencies, of the competitive advantages that 3D printing offers and featured a lunch-time presentation by award-winning product designer David Yakos.
“Weapons to wheelchairs and dog toys to space exploration, all industries could use 3D printing technology,” Yakos said as he addressed the audience. He explained how 3D printing in product development allows you to “fail fast and fail cheap” to get more desirable products to market faster.
Developing over 130 products last year with his firm, Yakos presented an overview of the 3D printing industry and case studies that demonstrated the power of 3D Printing. Case studies included 3D printing applied to rapid prototyping for nationally recognized brands, including a prototype that won 2013 Popular Mechanics Prototype of the Year.
“Opportunities for 3D printing to positively impact organizations are endless, and we are excited so many professionals expanded their knowledge and were inspired by the event,” said Hunter McCarty, RJ Young chief operating officer. “Our 60 years of printing innovation and presence across the southeast, combined with 3D Systems deep portfolio of hardware and software products, will allow us to help organizations thoughtfully enter the new era of design and manufacturing.”
“The Power of 3D Printing” event showcased various categories of 3D printing and 3D Systems products, including MultiJet, ColorJet, SLA and SLS 3D printing technologies as well as personal 3D printers and 3D scanning accessories. Each exhibit highlighted industry applications for each category and provided an RJ Young 3D printing specialist to discuss each technology.
About 3D Systems
3D Systems is pioneering 3D printing for everyone. 3DS provides the most advanced and comprehensive 3D design-to-manufacturing solutions including 3D printers, print materials and cloud sourced custom parts. Its powerful digital thread empowers professionals and consumers everywhere to bring their ideas to life in material choices including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. 3DS’ leading health care solutions include end-to-end simulation, training and integrated 3D planning and printing for personalized surgery and patient specific medical and dental devices. Its democratized 3D design and inspection products embody the latest perceptual, capture and touch technology. Its products and services replace and complement traditional methods with improved results and reduced time to outcomes. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, plan, guide, prototype or produce functional parts, devices and assemblies, empowering customers to manufacture the future.
About RJ Young
RJ Young is the largest independent office equipment and business solutions provider in the Southeast. They offer the latest workflow solutions, multifunctional printers, specialty printers and technology to power productivity in your office. RJ Young has been in business for nearly 60 years. They are headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee and have over 500 employees throughout seven states and 22 locations. For RJ Young’s complete range of products and services, visit www.rjyoung.com. You can also like them on Facebook, follow on Twitter or read about current trends and technology on their blog.
October 3, 2014
The right print and fulfillment supplier ensures efficiency and continuity to your business while building equity in your brand. The benefits stack up, or simply multiply, for businesses operating multiple units or franchise locations.
Below are things to look for when reviewing print and promotional suppliers for your multi-unit or franchise system:
- One-Source Provider:
- A partner that prints, warehouses, inventories, packs and ships can significantly reduce resources required to manage your program, reduce costs and guarantee accuracy of shipments as the provider learns the nuances of your business intricately.
- Comprehensive Product Offerings:
- Promotional and Print items sourced from the same point allows maximum efficiencies in cost, brand standards monitoring, ordering and management resources.
- Expert, Proactive Solutions:
- Experts that proactively recommend solutions to meet your business objectives, improve upon projects and deliver the best solutions to fit your business ensure continual improvement and maximum efficiencies in your program.
- Reliable & Accountable Systems:
- Defined, reliable workflow for receiving and fulfilling orders, and systems in place to accurately track and report on order delivery from end-to-end.
- Maintain & Fulfill Multiple Versions of Collateral Accurately:
- Multi-unit and franchise business organizations often are required to maintain multiple versions of marketing collateral, point-of-purchase materials and forms. A system to accurately and efficiently, print, store and ship these items is integral to smooth operations for a business.
- Brand Consistency:
- Understands the importance of brand standards, and ability to develop an expert understanding of your brand standards. This shrinks project production timelines, reduces errors and increases production quality and brand equity. This also ensures that the partner can proactively recommend brand appropriate products and solutions.
- Flexible Long-Term Solutions:
- Can the supplier deliver the products your business needs today and tomorrow? Select a partner that has a wide spectrum of capabilities or access to capabilities to ensure continuity and minimal disruption for the long-term.
- Scalable Consistent Support:
- Can this supplier reliably meet your needs during routine activity periods, heavy-up activity periods and support your business growth plans?
Selecting a true print/promotional fulfillment partner that meets these criteria can greatly reduce management resources required of your business, improve productivity and efficiency in your business and elevate your brand.