Equipment Delivery Driver (Knoxville, TN)
Submitted Thursday, March 7, 2019
Major Goals and Responsibilities
- Drivers are responsible for timely delivery and installation of properly operating copiers and fax machines.
- Ensure correct equipment is loaded and secured to prevent damage during delivery.
- Check equipment against paperwork to prevent errors in serial numbers.
- Conduct daily check of delivery vehicle to ensure proper operation and to prevent potential problems.
- Drivers must display high sociability with the customer to create the most helpful, courteous impression possible. Ensure proper operation of the machine upon instillation and make a service call if necessary. Communicate progress throughout the day to the Distribution Manager so information can be exchanged with sales staff. Document returned machines indicating copy counts and accessory serial numbers.
- 65% Interface with customers regarding machine placement and effective use
- 20% Proper loading and delivery of equipment with a minimum of damage
- 10% Proper paperwork designation of returned Blue Tag (customer machine) or Demo Pool (RJY machine) with all accompanying serial numbers and copy counts
- 5% Cleanliness and maintenance checks of trucks and warehouse
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Must be 21 years of age to obtain DOT Physical Card
- Have or obtain Tennessee Drivers License with type F endorsement