Equipment Delivery Driver (Nashville, TN)
Submitted Thursday, May 23, 2019
Major Goals and Responsibilities
- Responsible for timely delivery and installation of copiers / office equipment.
- Ensure correct equipment is loaded and secured to prevent damage during delivery.
- Check equipment against paperwork to prevent errors in serial numbers.
- Conduct daily check of delivery vehicles to ensure proper operation and to prevent possible problems.
- Drivers must display high sociability with the customers to create the most helpful, courteous impression possible.
- Ensure proper operation of the machines upon installation and place a service call if necessary.
- Communicate progress throughout the day to the Distribution Manager so information can be exchanged with the sales staff.
- Document returned machines including copy counts and accessory serial numbers.
- 50% Interface with customers regarding machine placement and effective use
- 20% Proper loading and delivery of equipment with a minimum of damage
- 20% Proper paperwork designation of returned Blue Tag (customer machines) or Red Tag (third party machines) with accompanying serial numbers and copy counts.
- 10% Cleanliness and maintenance checks of trucks and warehouse
Prerequisites (i.e. education, experience)
- High school diploma or equivalent. Be 21 years of age to obtain DOT Physical Card.
- Must have a Department of Transportation F Certification and a good driving record.
- One year of warehouse /delivery experience preferred.