Operations Warehouse Supervisor
Submitted Wednesday, February 28, 2018
The warehouse supervisor is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities, including shipping and receiving equipment, and maintaining inventory and associated records. People management skills responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Staff Management
- Provide regular coaching, mentoring, and development opportunities to the warehouseman and temps.
- Monitor performance according to agreed standards and take necessary action to communicate/advise/assist according to performance levels.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of the department activities,
- Manage warehouseman’s and temp’s time and attendance.
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Identify and resolve other sources of inefficiency.
- Processes and Procedures
- Supervise and assist in daily warehouse shipping and receiving including: filling and shipping customer order, ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation, receiving incoming material and routing to appropriate area or personnel, ensuring inventory transactions are accurately logged, and overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities.
- Maintain receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Recommending measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet warehouse demands as directed by equipment requests and work flow.
- Develop and maintain departmental work instructions for all tasks, including the wholesale process, Bullseye warehouse queue, blue tag, red tag and boneyard equipment process.
- Maintain physical conditions of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement as necessary.
- Create and manage a damaged equipment process.
- Conferring with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments to service internal customers.
- Manage the monthly inventory and resultant reconciliation.
- Develop a tow motor certification and training program and maintenance schedule for all distribution centers.
- Develop OSHA certification and training programs for all distributions centers.
- Develop and manage a recycling program in all distribution centers.
- Assist with warehouse organization in all distribution centers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY PEOPLE CONTACTS
Shop Coordinator and shop techs, service managers and service techs, distributions manager and team, all of ER Submissions ream, other operations distribution centers
- 5 years warehouse management experience
- 5 years industry experience