Sales Engineer (Nashville, TN)
Submitted Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Major Goals and Responsibilities:
This individual is designated for approval of final design for customer network infrastructure within his designated customer base, those responsibilities include:
- Consultative support of the sales team including joint sales calls or visits.
- Design, supervision, implementation and maintenance of solutions provided to clients.
- Third tier support of networks for problems in which lower level techs have not found resolution.
- Design of new solutions or improvements to existing solutions for approval by director of engineering.
This individual will also be responsible for engaging customers to build rapport, talking with customers to review solutions provided and assure that:
- Customer needs have been met and is satisfied with result.
- Escalation of customer problems to director of engineering as necessary.
- Mentoring of Infrastructure Specialists.
- Documentation of daily activity in ticketing system.
- Maintaining dress to business casual standard.
- Attending weekly project and sales pipeline meetings for their region as required.
- Maintain a company vehicle.
- Maintain at least 3 high-level certifications.
- Research and testing of new solutions.
- Continuing education and product development.
- Individual may also be assigned vCIO role over customers within their region – those responsibilities include.
- Day to day oversight of entire IT infrastructure for assigned clientele.
- Bi-weekly network health reports and network review to primary customer contact.
- Manage IT related projects for assigned customers.
- Work closely with executive management at customers providing technology recommendations and budgeting for future technology requirements.
- Visiting with customers and interfacing to explain critical IT issues and solutions.
- Direct and support field technicians in resolution of network issues and project tasks.
- Project related tasks including installations.
- Work with Account Representatives creating hardware specifications and labor estimates for projects and quotes.
Products and services:
Must demonstrate experience and expertise in:
- PC and server hardware
- Server applications
- Windows and Apple OSX operating systems
- routers, switches, and security such as UTM devices
- advanced switching and routing,
- VLAN design and troubleshooting
- structured cabling
- Managed and enterprise wireless networking
- Mobility and Remote access
- Network Design, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and ongoing support.
Prerequisites (i.e., education, experience):
- High school diploma is required.
- Colligate IT degree or studies preferred
- Patience and strong customer service skills required.
- Must have had 5 years hands-on experience in the field, diagnosing, setting up, configuring and managing new servers and firewalls, and addressing any moves, ads or changes within the environment.
- Must hold at least 3 certifications in applicable technology.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft operating systems.
- Experience in other or mixed environments (Linux, Mac, etc.) beneficial.
- Advanced understanding of networking, cabling, TCP/IP, telephony, and VoIP.
- Must be able to carry tool kit weighing approx. 25lbs.
- Must be able to lift 50-75lbs.
- Must be able to move lightweight equipment (Servers, PCs, racks, mounts).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable.