Technical Service Representative (Jackson, MS)
Submitted Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Major Goals and Responsibilities
- This individual will be responsible for servicing multifunctional devices at the customers location.
- They must maintain the proper car stock to support service calls without having excessive inventory.
- They will engage with the customers to properly identify the reported problem, build a rapport, and before leaving the account they will follow-up with the customer to ensure that the customer is satisfied.
- During the follow-up conversation they will need to briefly describe the work they performed and what was required to regain full functionality of the device.
- This individual will also be required to set up and configure the multifunctional device to print and scan on a customer’s network.
- Printing & Scanning knowledge will be needed to complete the following service requests; basic MFP connectivity install, an equipment upgrade, and troubleshooting print/scan functionality of existing equipment.
- Must be able to recognize when an issue needs to be escalated to the appropriate co-workers; customer trainer, advanced connectivity tech, sales rep, or their Service Manager.
- Other responsibilities include; documenting call data via Remote Tech, using manufacturer web sites to get the latest data, tracking mileage, submitting bi-weekly payroll, submitting sales leads, maintaining appearance in conjunction with department dress code, providing end users with basic hardware training, attending meetings and training as required by their Service Manager, following parts warranty procedures, clearing charge calls, keeping their company vehicle clean, and getting their company vehicle maintained per the Fleet Managers guidelines.
Products and Services
- Black and white Multi-Function Products.
- Color Multifunction Products.
- Stand Alone facsimiles, printers, scanners, and copiers.
- Basic network support.
- 80% Run routine service calls, Interface with Customers
- 15% Run Connectivity Related Service Calls
- 3% Complete all paperwork and documentation
- 2% Manage car stock
Prerequisites (i.e., education, experience)
- High school diploma is required.
- Two-year technical degree is desired but not required.